Tuesday, November 29, 2011

taking TIME



This last week, we packed it all up and went to Idaho to visit our friends Pam and Ed in Sandpoint. I don't know why we decided to do this, but I just knew that I needed to get out of Helena and see a little bit of the land we love so dear. Its a long trip with two young kids (5 hours) but I was not thinking of that. What I thought of the most was that we needed to have a family trip and that the time in the car would be fine, just like it is when we take Francesca to Idaho. wrong. I can't believe that I blocked that memories of traveling with a baby in a carseat. It is hard on me, the screaming baby helplessly trapped in a carseat with me precariously perched overhead as I attempt to nurse while Lou is driving. My three year old is yelling, "I cant see mom-you blocking the movie" and the baby is still crying. Murf is slowly (and I say slowly) becoming the saint in our house. I didnt hear one lick or snort or whine from him while he was packed away from us in the cargo area of the car. thanks murf.

We didnt snap that many pictures this trip because I forgot to empty the memory card. Here are a few that I did manage to fit in.

above with the Selkirk Mountains and on the shores of lake pend oreille

Pam and Gabe getting to know each other

Frannie scored the claw from the toy box

No comments:

Post a Comment