Thursday, May 10, 2012

Getting Out

sick sick sick
lets just say that people around here have been sick. I have a sinus infection and am feeling whole again. Gabe is getting top teeth and the poor thing feels anything like himself. Frannie is super sassy and difficult and acting like a 4-year old. Lou, he is sick too. sick sick sick sick.

amidst the sickness we took a trip to Missoula over the weekend. With me having a head full of mucus I barely packed what we needed (no baby carrier, no camera, no heavy baby jacket) and we pulled through and arrived in one piece. Gabe was in my arms the entire time b/c hotels arent baby proof and neither are rockin cities like Missoula. It was great to get out and away and get a new perspective on life this spring. Lou was in a training the entire time so I enlisted the help of my friend Aubrey to act as a sanity control device. We managed to arrive in MIssoula the same time as a brewfest, college rodeo, first day of the farmers market and the International Wildlife Film Festival Parade. It was a busy town and I have to admit that on our last day I opted for ice cream from the big dipper for lunch. I needed it...

When we got home, I let Gabe get some energy out. He really let it all out. He had fun ripping apart the cubbard and the toy box. Frannie enjoyed spending time at home again and probably needed some alone time. It was fun but traveling with an infant and preschooler is not a way to get over a cold!


IT IS ON!!

Squirel watch

If Frannie was a chicken she would be a Buff Orpington. They have the same color eyes and plummage and both can be cuddlers

Tilda

assessing the contents of the cubbard

dismantling the cubbard and preparing it for fort transformation

The ultimate goal! Baby hide-out

No comments:

Post a Comment