Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March is Here!!


March, from the Tres riches heures du duc de berry

Some places, the month of March is seen as the beginning of spring (in the Northern hemisphere, the beginning of the meteorological spring is 1 March. In the Southern hemisphere, the beginning of the meteorological autumn is 1 March) or when things awake and start to grow. We never know what spring will bring us in Montana.  This morning walking into work I was so excited that it is finally March. It wasnt dark as I walked in and I felt like summer will be approaching soon. When I got into work, legs numb from the chilling temperature, I spoke with a coworker about how yesterday seemed a little warmer. She said, "when I left my house it was 3 degrees". Well, I guess summer is no where to be seen and I was just daydreaming about better times. I also feel like summer is right around the corner and I'll be having my baby soon. So delusional...I have months before that happens even though I feel huge enough to have it happen next week. It is good that we get to enjoy winter some more, Frannie can get a few more trips to the ski hill in, three birthdays are left to celebrate (one to come), Legislature will finish and I can have some stability at work, and Luna and Murf can enjoy some more rolling in the snow and cool hikes. There is something to be said for having a true winter.

The floral emblem of March
Tomorrow I will post another alarming picture of the expanding belly - week 21

No comments:

Post a Comment