Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Last Winter Storm?


This weekend, I think, we had our last winter/spring snowstorm. We thought that it would stop at some point, but it didn't. We went to sleep and it was still snowing that night. We woke up to about 6 inches of snow and sunshine. We wont be seeing that for a few more months hopefully...


First falling on the flowers


The morning after


Good Bye Snow...


The chicks are doing well. They are growing strong, getting feathers in, learning to sit on a perch, but they still are affraid of a toddler. Frannie enjoys them soo much. I too have bonded with them and love their little personalities. Acorn is proving to be bigger than Popcorn and I am strating to wonder if  it will be a rooster and sitting on our dinner table soon...

                            



I had originally ordered two black silkie chicks and they came in yesterday. I brought them home and really regretted disrupting my happy little chicken box. Popcorn and Acorn were like giant vultures compared to their size and were pecking at them constantly. I have to keep them seperated until they grow big enough to tolerate each other. I did not realize how big those two had gotten in one week. I had dreams that they died in the night only to realize they were just as strong as sturdy as Popcorn and Acorn. Here is what a silikie chick and silkie adult will look like.
                                                      

Pair of Black Silkie Bantams




And finally, I have made it to 30 weeks. I was supposed to take a picture last week but it didn't happen. We had Lou's family here and were busy. I guess if I really wanted to see how big I was on the internet I could have made it happen. The next picture will come in 3 weeks and it will blow you all away!



                                    Baby, fetus at 30 weeks - BabyCenter
I have 10 weeks +/- a few left and I am starting to feel like I might not make it. My body is getting ready by loosening my joints and my hips feel like they are floating and not very stable (i.e. painful). I had a waffle with peanut butter on it last night fo dinner so that should tell you I am running out of room in my stomach for really anything larger than a snack. Frannie is having to start understanding that I cannot carry her 38 lb royalty around as much and that she has to start looking for other means of travel...she is not very happy. The baby is great, kicking and using the space he has all to himself while it abounds. If he is not kicking or moving, he has the hiccups. This last friday, I came home early to take a two hour nap and napped again on saturday. I'll get my rest while I can. The baby is up to three pounds now -

No comments:

Post a Comment